Workshop on Greenergy Debates 2017 was conducted on 24th January 2017 (Magh 11 2073) at D-hall, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pulchowk Campus by SOMES.
Ten teams from different schools each containing 3 members were present at the program. The program was mainly focused on overview and explanation of the parliamentary debating format to the teams present. Format and rules of the debate along with time length each participant can speak were described by the trainers from Debate Network Nepal (DNN). The motions of the preliminary round was also finalized in the workshop for the upcoming rounds. The motions are:
1.This house as Government of Nepal should only invest in hydropower for energy.
2. This house believes that nations below a certain level should not be obligated to abide by limits of carbon emission.
For Impromptu Debate, motion will be provided 30-45 min before debate.
The preliminary round will be held on 28th Jan 2017 with finals on 5th Feb 2017.
And don’t forget to visit MechTRIX 7.0 : 7th National Mechanical Exhibition on 21,22 and 23 Magh 2073 for more actions.
The list of the participating schools are:
1) Galaxy Public School, Gyaneshwor, Kathmandu.
2) Indradhanush English Boarding School, Bhimsengola, Kathmandu
3) GEMS, Dhapakhel.
4) Janachetana English Secondary School, Balkot
5) Eureka High School, Manamaiju
6) Bhanu Bhakta Memorial School, Panipokhari.
7) Nepalaya Higher Scondary School, Kalanki
8) Babylon National School, Shantinagar, Kathmandu
9) St. Mary’s School, Jawlakhel
10) Kidergarten Secondary School, Tarkeshwor, Manamaiju
The trainers were:
1) Barsha Bhandari
2) Ojaswee Bhattarai
3) Nishma Gautam
4) Rohit Tandulkar
Somes glimpses of today’s program: